Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

  Happy 4th of July!  Greg and I celebrated by starting our day at 5:00AM.  We signed up to run the 10K in Provo that morning and needed the extra time to get our costumes on.  Greg dressed up as a minute man and I turned myself into our nation's flag.

Here we are right before the race.
   The run was intense but Greg and I both finished!  Mile 2 through 4 was down University Ave in Provo which doubles as the parade route so people were watching and cheering for us as we ran.  It was definitely motivation to keep running and not look winded.  After the run we meet up with Mr. Preston Reed and others to watch the parade.
Greg and I watching the parade!
   That night Greg took me out for an all-american meal.....fast food.  We ate hot dogs to celebrate the greatness that is America.  Greg is eating a foot long chili dog in the picture below and couldn't look more in love with America!  After dinner we headed over to the Rio Tinto Stadium to watch Real Salt Lake take on the Seattle Sounders.  The game was super intense and ended in a tie.  Greg and I are becoming super RSL fans.  Want proof.......just look at Greg's hat!
 
  After the game we were treated to a firework show!  It was a perfect way to spend our nation's birthday.  Hope you all had a Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you dressed up for the race! You both look great! :)

    ReplyDelete